Aims

To support the free and open dissemination of research findings and information on alcoholism and alcohol-related problems. To encourage open access to peer-reviewed articles free for all to view.

For full versions of posted research articles readers are encouraged to email requests for "electronic reprints" (text file, PDF files, FAX copies) to the corresponding or lead author, who is highlighted in the posting.

___________________________________________

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nine different reasons to drink to excess


Zoe Williams
Thursday September 18 2008

Department of Health researchers have revealed the nine types of heavy drinker. Presumably they want us to stop drinking heavily, but when I see anything divided into types, I think of it more like a quiz. Confused about whether your self-harming behaviour is motivated by boredom, depression or a desire to conform? Let me walk you through it. I, by the way, have identified myself as a macho drinker. "Mostly men, of all ages, they do it to stand out from the crowd." You think I'm being facetious, but it does say "mostly" men, and I do drink to excess mainly to show off. So it gets me down to a tee. Tea? Ha! With whisky in it, mate. Etc, etc.
. . . .

Read Full Article
_______________________________________________________________